It is a perfect time of year to visit the beach. And the Gulf Coast is a perfect spot for a quick weekend getaway. If you venture down our way, you will discover a local secret: We love late August, when the kids go back to school and we can enjoy smaller crowds and a teensy bit less heat.
Here are our top five favorite ways to maximize your August weekend getaway on the Gulf Coast:
- Take a walk on the beach – It is a great time to enjoy a walk in our beautiful white sand. The beaches are less crowded. The water is often clearer. It is still warm enough to lounge on the sand too, if that’s your preferred beach activity!
- Go out for a romantic dinner – This is also the time to check out some of the more popular restaurants in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. Lower crowds mean less of a wait. So you can find your new favorite spot. Check out our area guide for restaurant ideas.
- Attend a concert – The Wharf is hosting some big acts this month! Steal away to see Little Big Town, Pentatonix, Brad Paisley or Chris Stapleton. Tickets are still available – check out The Wharf Amphitheater website for more information.
- Buy beach gear – The summer supply sales are on all over town. Find your suit, towels, umbrellas, floats, beach chairs and more for your weekend getaway (and next summer) at amazing prices.
- Take a sunset cruise – Book a romantic evening on the water. Enjoy the salt air, a gorgeous Gulf sunset and spy some of the aquatic wild life. You can make your cruise reservations directly through our website.
Summer Savings – Book Your Vacation and Discover More Orange Beach Things to Do In August
We are offering our lowest prices of the summer right now, including 15% off if you book at least two nights between August 11 – 28th. Book on our website or call us at 800-488-8978.