The Gulf Coast is a paradise to explore: from fishing in the deep gulf waters, biking the backcountry or observing wildlife in the lagoons, lakes and bays. Here are five favorite Orange Beach bike trails, tours and more to visit on your next vacation to the Gulf Coast.
- Hike or Bike Trails – The Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail is a shaded multi-use trail will give you an entirely new view of the Gulf Coast. When you walk, bike or scoot the 14-mile loop, you might discover wildlife, a parkour park, a butterfly garden, and some beautiful panoramic views. There is also a new restaurant called Woodside. For more information about the trail, check out this brochure. Other great trails include the Wade Ward Nature Park board walk or the Weeks Bay Pitcher Plant Bog.
- Canoe Trails – Observe the area beauty from the backwaters of the Gulf Coast too. You can launch your kayaks and canoes in many of the spots along the Orange Beach canoe trail. Or, go inland to the Graham Creek Nature Preserve or Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. There are hiking trails at these sites also.
- History Walks – Self Guided tours at Fort Morgan, Fort Pickens and Fort Barrancas offer great historical information about the area.
- Fishing Trips – Book deep sea, offshore or inshore cruises to access some of the bountiful seafood on the coast. Check out some of the options (including kid-friendly tours) on our website.
- Dolphin Cruise –Get up close with the most intelligent and friendly creatures in our seas, the bottlenose dolphin. The Gulf Coast is home to several pods and your best chance to see them dancing in the waves is on a boat. You can find our recommended tour companies here.
Book Your Vacation and Discover More Things to Do in Orange Beach
Find beautiful Orange Beach vacation rentals for your next trip. Click MyBeachGetaways.com to book your next vacation! Come and enjoy Orange Beach bike trails and more for summer fun and adventure.