If you are educating your kids this year through distance learning, why not join us on the Alabama Gulf Coast? Enjoy the beauty of our area, take beach breaks and take some really great field trips!
Educational Opportunities are Everywhere
Here are a few of our favorite ideas for educational opportunities nearby:
- The Dauphin Island Sea Lab Aquarium – See the wildlife of the area! Take a drive/ferry to Dauphin Island and enjoy a tour of the Aquarium. Hours are limited and tickets must be purchased in advance.
- The Exploreum Science Center in Mobile – This interactive science center has learning opportunities for all ages. There is currently a dinosaur exhibit that will be there until Labor Day.
- USS Alabama Battleship – Explore history in a new way with a visit to this World War II battleship. The park and battleship are currently open.
- Alligator Alley – Get up close and personal with the Gulf Coast’s scariest inhabitants! View a feeding presentation, hold a baby, or take a walk on the beautiful boardwalk to see the gators up close.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo – Enjoy South Alabama’s brand new zoo location! New facilities, 118 different species of animals, educational animal talks and an affordable admission price. (There’s also a porcupine named Bruce Quillis.)
- Fort Morgan – Get a hands on look at Alabama history by touring a fort used in the Civil War, and both World Wars. For older kids, you can book an Escape Room experience starting in September.
- Indian & Sea Museum – This free museum in Orange Beach chronicles both the Native American and the early fishing heritage of the area.
- Public Parks– The Gulf Coast State Park, Weeks Bay National Estuary and Pitcher Plant Bog, 5 Rivers Delta and The Graham Creek Nature Preserve all have educational centers and places to hike and explore. We recommend calling ahead!
Get Out There!
The Alabama Gulf Coast is a perfect place to be if your kids are distance learning at the beach this fall. Book a reservation and let us know what you discover!