Thanksgiving is a perfect time to spend a week at the beach. You can enjoy family time, gratitude and some great food with the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast in the background. Take walks on the beach with your loved ones. Bike the Backcountry trail. Take a boat out in the Gulf. And, if you prefer to avoid making a big meal yourself, there are lots of restaurants with Thanksgiving-centric menus open on the holiday.
Our Favorite Ideas for a Thanksgiving Meal
- Flora-Bama Thanksgiving Potluck – Enjoy a huge spread and some great company at the annual potluck, hosted by the Flora-Bama! The restaurant provides meat (turkey, ham, etc.) and patrons are asked to bring sides. There is no cost beyond your side dish contribution, unless you would like an adult beverage. For more info, visit this link.
- Jesse’s Restaurant Thanksgiving Buffet– This restaurant is a hidden gem on the Gulf Coast. It does require a drive and a reservation. But we guarantee you will enjoy the beautiful drive to this historic area. And the food is definitely worth the effort. Advance reservations are required. Here is a link to the menu and how to make a reservation.
- Several popular Gulf Shores restaurants have a special Thanksgiving feast planned. The Cobalt Restaurant has a Buffet from 10am to 4pm, reservations are requested and Fisher’s Restaurant is open with reservation from 10am to 5pm. See their menu offering here.
- Catering – Order a gourmet or down home feast to eat at your vacation rental. There are a variety of different places that offer quality food for carry out or take-and-bake. Some of our favorite options are the chef-made meals from Orange Beach Concierge Services, delicious southern cooking from Sarah’s Homemade, the delectable smoked turkey and sides from Moe’s BBQ, and the New Orleans style meals from Rouse’s Market.
- Make it here – Our vacation rentals at My Beach Getaways have well-equipped kitchens with cooking utensils, appliances, dinnerware and flatware. So, if you would like to make your favorite dishes at your rental, you are bound to have a great time and enjoy some lovely views while you wait for your meal to cook to perfection.
Spend Thanksgiving at the Gulf Coast This Year
If you are ready to book your Thanksgiving vacation, we still have a few places available! Check out our website or contact our office for availability!