March 19, 2020
To our Homeowners and Guests
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting the world around us. For those of us here at Beach Getaways that means understanding how it affects our employees, guests, homeowners and community, and then making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping our guests, homeowners and our staff and contractors safe. This has been at the center of our conversations. With that in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the potential threats associated with the coronavirus.
We are actively following the CDC guidelines and recommendations on the steps that can be taken to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our staff, contractors and housekeeping teams on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
As Events Unfold
Some additional steps we are taking and considering as this situation unfolds:
- Additional and continuing sanitation training for our public interfacing staff / contractors using CDC guidelines plus additional information from industry specific sources.
- In house monitoring and self-awareness checks for entire staff / contractors
- Increased frequency of housekeeping office and plant sanitation
- Each staff member entering properties will be equipped with CDC approved cleaning wipes to disinfect all hard surfaces touched during the inspections
- We have increased communication with our guests about the steps we have taken to safeguard and create a sanitary environment at the properties we manage.
- We are developing a policy to react to a report or suspicion of a guest or staff / contractor who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you, your property and our staff / contractors.
If you have a reservation and are arriving in the next 30 days and want to cancel your reservation you can move your current reservation to a future date however you might be requested to pay more for the difference in the nightly fee depending on your travel dates. Another option is we can hold your funds until you decide on your future travel date after the COVID-19 virus has subsided. We cannot offer any refunds for cancellations made within 30 days prior to your arrival date.
If your reservation was made after March 19, 2020 and your arrival date is for reservations occurring outside of the 30-day window prior to your arrival date you may cancel your reservation and receive a full refund less $100 Cancellation Fee as per cancelation policy in the Rental Agreement you signed.
Stay Up-to Date
To stay up to date with the status of our beaches and any business closures, etc, visit these sites:
- Gulf Shores Tourism: https://www.gulfshores.com/plan/coronavirus/
- City of Orange Beach: https://www.orangebeachal.gov/news/covid-19-updates/
There will be updates to policies and information as the situation requires constant monitoring. Please be flexible as we are monitoring hour by hour.
– The Beach Getaways Team