When the children are younger, planning for your beach vacation can be a breeze:
- Shovel & Pail, check.
- Sunscreen, check.
- Extra snacks, check.
However, planning for a beach vacation with older kids can be a little more daunting. But not when you choose Gulf Shores, Alabama for your next beach vacation! Here are our top 5 fun beach activities to do with the older kids when you get here
Our Top 5 Activities for Older Kids
1. Hummingbird Ziplines, “Zip the Gulf.” Voted #1 Attraction on Tripadvisor. Great place to zipline in Gulf Shores with eight ziplines, over 6,000 feet of trail. The highest elevation is 115 feet! It’s a fantastic activity for experienced and first-timers. Expert tour guides help you navigate the course Prices: $89.00 for one. Groups of 4-7 $84.50. Groups of 7-10 guests $79.99. Reservations are required. It helps to be in shape, as some of the towers are at such high elevations, which means numerous steps before reaching the top. The glorious views of the trees and swamps are unbeatable!
2. The Factory at Gulf Shores “Play Now, Grow Up Later.” Preteens love trampoline parks! Especially boys! Let them get their energy out so they will sleep well that night. The Factory is different than your typical park; they offer trampoline dodgeball batting cages, tall slide and even a flight simulator (additional cost). Bonus for mom and dad, self-pay massage chairs and free wifi while you relax. It’s a great way to kill an hour or two or more if there is rain. As with most trampoline parks, they highly encourage you to wear their branded grip socks, but it’s not a requirement.
3. Parasailing with Pleasure Island Parasailing. The views! It’s one for the books, an experience your teen will never forget. It’s a fantastic and relaxing experience flying in the sky over the water. You can fly solo or with a few people. Different locations exist for different skill levels, whether you want to take off from the beach choose either Behind Bahama Bobs or the near Pink Pony or choose to take off from the dock at the Sportsman Marina. There is some skill level of swimming required.
4. Breakout. Breakout is the latest in the “Escape Room” trend. You and a group have an allotted amount of time to “escape” or break out of a room. Using clues and a team mentality the goal is to work together to get out of the place. Different rooms are available. It’s kind of like playing a life-sized video game.
5. Go Fishing! If you haven’t heard the Gulf is known for its seafood. And if you’re staying with Beach Getaways, you have a kitchen ready to cook your bounty. Book the more extended charter trip to get really out in the Gulf where the Red Snapper is. There are tons of charters choices to choose from. Getaway Gulf Shores does a great job taking care of families and making sure it’s a great experience for the kids. Prices for offshore fishing are between $350-$650 per person. https://www.getawaygulffishing.com/
Find the Perfect Place to Stay for Fun Beach Activities and More
Make your beach vacation an event to remember. Try just one of these fun beach activities on your next trip. And let My Beach Getaways help you plan all your accommodations. Book your Gulf Shores beach rental today!