There are so many new things going near the Alabama Gulf Coast! If you have not been back since last summer – here are five NEW things you need to know when you plan your trip to Orange Beach Alabama.
5 New Things in Orange Beach in 2020
- New Restaurants at OWA –Three new restaurants opened at OWA in Foley after the 2019 tourist season. Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen offers family style and individual style menu options… and, of course, lots of butter. C’est Le Vin Wine Bar & Shop a great wine list, as well as other drinks and charcuterie boards. Sushi Co. has both Sushi and Hibachi options.
- New Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo – On February 1, what used to be known as “The Little Zoo that could” is opening up a brand new facility in Foley. It is a short drive from Gulf Shores, just four miles north of the original zoo. This new location has a 25 acre wildlife park that houses many of the old favorite animals and some new additions!
- New Spur on the Backcountry Trail – If you love taking walks on the Backcountry Trail – there is a new spot to check out. This is the Hidden Lake Trail interpretive loop. It connects to the Orange Beach Sportsplex and the Twin Bridges Trail. It is a limestone compacted surface, instead of pavement.
- New Food Trucks in Gulf Shores – The city has just begun a pilot program to see how food trucks will impact the city. There will be up to 15 permits issued for the city.
- New Diverging Diamond – If you travel from west of Mobile Bay, there is a different traffic flow design under construction at the Daphne-Malbis exit on I-10. Construction is expected to be complete by late spring. If you plan to stop at that exit, construction may slow traffic until then. Here is info about construction and the new traffic flow.
As word gets out, the Alabama beach towns will continue to grow and change. So if you’re planning a trip to Orange Beach Alabama in 2020, make your reservation now. (Pssst – we’re still the best kept secret on the Gulf Coast!)
Book Direct with MyBeachGetaways.com
If your next beach vacation is on the Gulf Coast – save money, keep a peace of mind, and have a great experience by booking directly through our website, mybeachgetaways.com. Or book direct and save by phone (especially if you have a lot of questions 800-488-8978).